From luxuriously appointed cabins to rugged covers to high-performance sailcloth fabric, Glen Raven marine fabrics enhance every aspect of the boating world. Enthusiasts rely on brands like Sunbrella and Coastguard to provide years of durability and color steadfastness on both the inside and the outside of their boat. Below are some of the markets we serve.
- Powerboat Specialized Protection: Tops such as Bimini Tops, T-Tops, Fly Bridges, Dodgers that are partial enclosures and/or limited protection from the outdoor elements.
- Powerboat Full Weather Protection: Full enclosures on boats to provide maximum protection. Customized fabrication techniques frequently used. Enclosure types include Convertible Tops, Camper Enclosures, Canopies, and Cockpit Covers.
- Sailboat Applications: Various fabric applications on sailboats including Mainsail/Boomcovers, Furling Strips, Dodgers, and Sailcloth. Glen Raven is the largest producer of sailcloth fabric in North America.
- Utility Covers: Wide variety of covers for marine and other end uses. Applications include Winch Covers, Marine Equipment Covers, Grill Covers, Motorcycle Covers, Car Covers, Outdoor Furniture Covers, Airplane Covers.
- Storage Covers: Boat and other watercraft covers for both Storage (short term & long term), Mooring at dock and Trailerable Covers
Sunbrella is the world's number one marine fabric and comes in a wide variety of styles. Sunbrella is a breathable, mildew resistant fabric that provides years of style and comfort. And Sunbrella isn't just for exterior boat canvas - Sunbrella furniture fabrics are ideal for marine interiors. Featuring the same Sunbrella acrylic fiber as our traditional marine canvas, these fabrics feature a vast array of designs and colors to accent any boat interior, yet they remain mold/mildew resistant, stain resistant, fade resistant, and easy to clean. Exterior and interior Sunbrella marine fabric can be coordinated to create sophisticated yet seaworthy appointments.
Designed for UV strips for furling applications, Sunbrella Furling and Sunbrella Furling Adhesive are Sunbrella fabrics that are light-weight, flexible and quick drying. Sunbrella Furling Adhesive uses a lighter adhesive that enables repositioning on the strip on the sailcloth until sewn in place. The adhesive disappears after repeated exposure (1000 hours) to UV rays, which avoids the formation of lumps in the strip and facilitates removal when it needs changing. Sunbrella Furling is only available in Europe.
Sunbrella Plus is our traditional Sunbrella marine fabric with a durable polyurethane undercoating for superior water resistance. Sunbrella Plus uses standard Sunbrella colors for coordinating marine applications when both water resistance and breathability are essential.
Sunbrella Supreme is a luxurious, waterproof exterior marine fabric featuring Sunbrella canvas on the exterior face, and a special Sunbrella acrylic "flocking" on the reverse side. The unique bonding process creates a waterproof Sunbrella canvas with a beautifully soft feel underneath.
Coastguard fabric is a solution dyed acrylic canvas that is mold and mildew resistant and its finish gives it excellent water and stain resistance.
Sur Last® is designed to be flexible and easy for manufacturers to use. Its urethane coating enhances the stability of the weave and allows for greater water resistance, while also minimizing shrinkage and stretching.
Harbor-Time fabrics made from acrylic-coated polyester, are ideal for harsh marine environments because they offer exceptional resistance to abrasion while maintaining superior strength and visual appeal. Harbor-Time is highly water repellent and resistant to both mildew and ultraviolet light making it ideal for a wide range of marine and automotive applications, including bimini's, T-tops, mooring and travel covers, and splash curtains.
- 62" wide
- 11 oz. per square yard
- Put up on approximately 75 linear yard rolls
- Abrasion resistant
- Superior strength
- Stabilized for minimum stretch or shrinkage
- Assures continuous fit for any fabrication
Sea-Spraé fabrics are the perfect choice for lightweight bimini tops and marine craft covers. Sea-Spraé is both economical and light weight, just over six ounces per square yard. Not only is Sea-Sprae' available in a wide array of color options, but it features Glen Raven's proprietary coating on the back side to prevent color transfer. It is extremely durable and water repellent, flexible and resistant to both ultraviolet and dirt. Because Sea-Spraé is stabilized for minimum stretch and shrinkage its great for marine applications such as bimini's, jet ski covers, and beach chairs among others.
- 64" wide
- 6.25 oz. per square yard
- Put up on approximately 75 linear yard rolls
- Water repellant
- Ultraviolet and dirt resistant
- Stabilized for minimum stretch and shrinkage
- Excellent tensile and tear strength