The Richard Frinier Origins Collection of Sunbrella® fabrics is newly available through PINDLER, bringing expanded exposure to the distinct line of Sunbrella fabrics featuring recycled content and rich surface textures. Read More
Extensive upholstery groupings, architectural shade installation enhanced Miami hotspot for artists and designers
The city of Miami was flush with international visitors this week for Art Basel, a celebration of modern and contemporary art that includes paintings, installations, photography, films and more. Many of those visitors also found their way to Architectural Digest’s AD Oasis @ The James Royal Palm where Sunbrella® fabrics were on full display as part of the magazine’s luxurious retreat for the art and design worlds. Read More
Junior Achievement of Central Carolinas, the Carolinas’ premier organization providing entrepreneurship education to the state’s youth, has named Allen E. Gant, Jr., president and CEO of Glen Raven, Inc., as a laureate to the North Carolina Business Hall of Fame. Read More
IFAI 2013 was a wonderful show and we are glad we got a chance to connect with you during our time in Orlando.
From hearing about your plans for 2014 to the event at Marvel Superhero Island, we enjoyed talking with you about working together in this great industry.
Relive the best moments of IFAI 2013 by watching this short video.
In this issue:
- The overriding mission of Glen Raven Custom Fabrics is support for the Sunbrella brand, spanning research and development, manufacturing, design, marketing and branding.
- During 2013, Glen Raven launched a significantly enhanced marketing communications program for the Sunbrella brand.Glen Raven’s Dickson associates in France are responding well to the troubled European economy through production process enhancements, Sunbrella and Dickson brand marketing, and more efficient distribution through a new logistics center and the introduction of new products, such as a commercial woven flooring line.
- Glen Raven Technical Fabrics supports a diverse portfolio of products and markets based on a clear strategic direction that focuses research and development on highly technical, value-added offerings.
- During the past six years, Trivantage has focused on establishing a stronger foundation for serving its customers.
- In addition to providing efficient distribution services to its customers, Trivantage is also committed to helping awning and marine fabricators and furniture companies identify and pursue business growth opportunities. Read More
Today, Strata Systems, Inc., a Glen Raven company and manufacturer and marketer of soil reinforcement products, announced its acquisition of 50% of the equity in Geo Solucões Ltd. of Brazil.
With offices in Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, Geo Solucões Ltd. is a Brazilian geotechnical solutions company that designs and builds advanced soil reinforcement structures including retaining walls, soil nailing, slope protection and foundation piling systems. The partnership with the South American Company is designed to capitalize on the area’s planned growth in infrastructure including its participation in the 2014 World Cup and 2016 Olympic Games. Ultimately, the venture will offer a full range of Strata-branded geosynthetics for distribution throughout Brazil. Strata will also explore opportunities to introduce other successful Glen Raven products into South America. Read More
Indigo-dyed fabrics have endured through the ages and continue to attract a loyal following as reflected on fashion runways and during the upcoming High Point Furniture Market. Home décor authority Joe Ruggiero has created a master bedroom using Sunbrella® fabrics with a classic Indigo-dyed styling that will debut during market week Oct. 19-24 within the Miles Talbott showroom. Read More
Glen Raven, a global leader in manufacturing high-performance and protective fabrics, marked a social media milestone recently by reaching 10,000 likes in less than one year on its GlenGuard Facebook page. The company uses the page to engage visitors with: current events and trends in the oil and gas, electrical, and other related industries; topics to facilitate open conversations about ways to improve workplace safety; as well as some humor. Read More
In this issue:
- Fashion and textile design students at N.C. State University have suggested innovative new ways to make boating more fun for everyone.
- Perspective Atlanta follows the creation of a stylish and comfortable loft in Atlanta, transformed by a New York designer using Sunbrella fabrics.
- From active wear to the military, Brookwood Companies is proving the value of creative thinking by an egalitarian workforce.
- With more than 300 years of tradition in the circus arts, Mondial Chapiteaux was the ideal choice for a new tent used by the French National Center for Circus Arts.
- Consumers today expect the latest technology when it comes to shopping, including the selection of furniture within retail showrooms.
- AVZ of the Netherlands is a leader in shade product innovation in Europe, drawing up its entrepreneurial spirit and smart product development. Read More
Web-based video series with Lonny Magazine follows design challenges and solutions of an urban loft using all Sunbrella fabrics
One loft. One designer. A million new ideas. That’s the premise of a new web-based, video home makeover series from Sunbrella® fabrics and Lonny Magazine, created to inspire consumers with elegant and practical design solutions that are relatable for any home. Set in Atlanta, the series – “Perspective: Atlanta” – follows interior designer Alex Gaston as he decorates an urban loft using Sunbrella fabrics and transforms it from a jumble of architectural features into a cohesive space. Read More