In this issue:
- Treasure Garden, the world’s largest manufacturer of shade structures, celebrated its 25th anniversary in the fall of 2008 by opening a new plant in China.
- Research and development is the lifeblood of Glen Raven Custom Fabrics, assuring continual innovation. The latest advancement is a Next Generation of Sunbrella® awning and marine fabrics with 25 percent greater water repellency with no loss of breathability.
- Glen Raven’s one-million-square-foot Anderson, S.C., plant is not only one of the most modern, it is one of the most environmentally friendly. During 2007 the plant went landfill free, recycling every bit of waste from fibers to light bulbs.
- The Indian government is building a 6,000-mile interstate highway system, and Strata Systems is playing a key role in its construction.
- New products are essential to all organizations, including Glen Raven Technical Fabrics, which is generating 20 percent of its annual growth through original creations. More