Indigo-dyed fabrics have endured through the ages and continue to attract a loyal following as reflected on fashion runways and during the upcoming High Point Furniture Market. Home décor authority Joe Ruggiero has created a master bedroom using Sunbrella® fabrics with a classic Indigo-dyed styling that will debut during market week Oct. 19-24 within the Miles Talbott showroom. More
Glen Raven, a global leader in manufacturing high-performance and protective fabrics, marked a social media milestone recently by reaching 10,000 likes in less than one year on its GlenGuard Facebook page. The company uses the page to engage visitors with: current events and trends in the oil and gas, electrical, and other related industries; topics to facilitate open conversations about ways to improve workplace safety; as well as some humor. More
In this issue:
- Fashion and textile design students at N.C. State University have suggested innovative new ways to make boating more fun for everyone.
- Perspective Atlanta follows the creation of a stylish and comfortable loft in Atlanta, transformed by a New York designer using Sunbrella fabrics.
- From active wear to the military, Brookwood Companies is proving the value of creative thinking by an egalitarian workforce.
- With more than 300 years of tradition in the circus arts, Mondial Chapiteaux was the ideal choice for a new tent used by the French National Center for Circus Arts.
- Consumers today expect the latest technology when it comes to shopping, including the selection of furniture within retail showrooms.
- AVZ of the Netherlands is a leader in shade product innovation in Europe, drawing up its entrepreneurial spirit and smart product development. More
Web-based video series with Lonny Magazine follows design challenges and solutions of an urban loft using all Sunbrella fabrics
One loft. One designer. A million new ideas. That’s the premise of a new web-based, video home makeover series from Sunbrella® fabrics and Lonny Magazine, created to inspire consumers with elegant and practical design solutions that are relatable for any home. Set in Atlanta, the series – “Perspective: Atlanta” – follows interior designer Alex Gaston as he decorates an urban loft using Sunbrella fabrics and transforms it from a jumble of architectural features into a cohesive space. More
In this issue:
- One of the nation’s leading RV makers is helping to preserve the natural environment that drives the lust to travel.
- Colors and styles are not the only considerations when consumers purchase furniture – they also want eco-friendly products in their homes.
- Glen Raven’s five North American manufacturing centers have completely eliminated sending waste to area landfills.
- Through re-purposing and recycling, performance fabrics can be given new life for new uses, including disaster relief.
- The new stadium for the University of North Carolina at Charlotte 49ers is a testament to sustainable construction and design.
- As digital printing increases in popularity in Europe, so does the emphasis on sustainable materials that also print beautifully. More
‘Origins’ Collection Continues Expansion of Sunbrella Renaissance Offerings
Sunbrella® fabrics featuring recycled content continue to expand with the latest addition from internationally acclaimed home furnishings designer Richard Frinier. His newest creation for Sunbrella, “Origins’,” takes advantage of the rich surface texture and mottled color ways that are making Sunbrella Renaissance fabrics increasingly popular with the design trade and consumers. More
In this issue:
- G&K Services and Glen Raven Technical Fabrics successfully deployed a highly targeted marketing program to reach oil and gas workers in San Antonio.
- Wm. J. Mills is benefitting from the global marketplace with the sale of distinctive canvas bags displaying the iconic Mills logo.
- Customers of Wieland Copper Products receive just what they need, just when they need it through a finely tuned logistics system with Glen Raven Logistics.
- Long-term business relationships result when companies provide products that are unavailable elsewhere, backed by responsive, personal service.
- Operational improvements can be found throughout every company, starting with selecting the right materials and developing a disciplined, effective approach.
- Design is today’s frontier in product innovation, with victory to those who can create products that are as elegant as they are full featured and easy to use. More
In this issue:
- While awning fabrics remain an essential strength, Dickson-Constant has diversified in recent years through a focus on home décor with Sunbrella and Dickson brands and growth in technical solar protection.
- For Europe to meet increasingly aggressive goals for energy conservation, it must adopt a variety of integrated strategies, including the increased use of shade, particularly for commercial buildings.
- Through the application of unique technologies and seasoned staff members, Dickson PTL solves high-tech fabric needs, ranging from release liners used in tire manufacturing to bellows that protect precision laser cutting machines.
- Changing fundamental manufacturing processes can be a formidable challenge when millions of dollars of equipment and brand equity are at stake; Dickson PTL has accomplished this feat in tire manufacturing.
- In the world of performance textiles, change is a way of life, which is increasingly the case at Dickson Saint Clair, which has established a leadership position in eco-friendly fabrics while modernizing its weaving operations. More
In this issue:
- From shade sails for athletic fields to enclosed patios for restaurants, awning fabricators are finding new growth opportunities.
- Innovation is essential for success in today’s global economy, and the new Concept Gallery at Glen Raven is fostering creative thinking.
- With the world population at more than 7 billion, the need for fresh drinking water has become a global priority.
- The Sunbrella brand remains strong and in high market demand, requiring careful consideration for brand extensions.
- Leading fiber companies are expanding recycling programs, including converting plastic bottles into high-tech yarns for a variety of uses. More
Thanks For A Great Year!